Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

The weekend of Valentine's Day was also Brian and I's 6 month-a-versary. So my wonderful husband planned a weekend getaway for the two of us. We spent the weekend at a beautiful resort in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I have always wanted to visit North Carolina and this trip was like a dream come true. The back of the hotel faced the Atlantic Ocean and the front faced the Currituck Sound. Even though it was a little cold we had an amazing time looking for seashells on the beach, touring a lighthouse, and visiting the Wright Brother's Memorial. I will never forget the amazing weekend we had together and I hope we will get to visit the Outer Banks again soon!



Here we are toasting to our weekend with Champagne in our plastic cups from the hotel!


The beautiful view!


We were so excited to see a lighthouse for the first time in person!


It was really windy down by the ocean!

A model of the Wright Brother's Plane


3 comments:

  1. what a fun weekend, it made me think of that movie, "dan in real life" when he takes those kids to the light house and they almost get blown away. know what im talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loren, Your blog is beautiful. I justed looked at all your pictures. What an exciting life you have - DC and the outer banks! I've always wanted to see both of those places.The woods behind your house are really pretty too. Love you, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are making wonderful memories! I'm so thrilled for you two!
    Love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete