Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Brian's Graduation

Brian graduated from the Marine Corps Basic School in May, after 7 months of non-stop training. We were so excited to be done with TBS and for Brian to start IFS, which is his introductory to his flight training. My mom and dad and Brian's family were able to make it for his graduation and family day. For family day Brian was able to show us all around base and play with some of the "toys" that Brian had used during training. They had several helicopters to tour and AAV's as well as some guns, which I think was my dad's favorite part! I know Brian really enjoyed showing off all the cool guns and the helicopter he wants to fly. We really enjoyed cooking out at the house, going to the Marine Corps Museum, and just hanging out with the whole family.
Now Brian is busy with flight school and is really enjoying it. He was able to solo at the beginning of this week and did really well. It's crazy to think that my husband is able to fly a plane! I am very proud of him and his accomplishments! Enjoy the pictures!




Brian Graduating!




Brian and I after the ceremony



The Family



Brian's Family





Brian and I in the cockpit...notice I am the pilot and Brian's the copilot


hahaha Gangstas!



The family in front of the helicopter Brian wants to fly






2 comments:

  1. Yay Brian!!! I am so impressed with him. You look beautiful and happy! Congrats and good luck with the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Brian on your first solo flight!

    ReplyDelete