Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Washington DC

One of the great things about living in Virginia is that we are only 45 minutes south of DC. I still haven't gotten used to seeing the capital building out my window when driving by. Brian and I were able to spend a couple of days in DC the weekend after Thanksgiving. The first day we spent walking to all of the monuments, plus the Marine Corps Memorial, I think this was Brian's favorite part. We had a blast! We even got some amazing pictures with the beautiful foliage. Patrick and Sandy, our good friends, went with us the first day. After we finished seeing all of the monuments we all went out to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe in Washington DC. We had so much fun, and the weather was perfect.



World War II Memorial


The Lincoln Memorial



The White House

The trees were beautiful!


Hard Rock Cafe


Marine Corps Memorial


My Marine, I am so proud of him!











On the second day we went to the Air and Space Smithsonian Museum. Eventhough aircraft history is not my favorite thing, it was a lot of fun to see how excited Brian was about it all. We walked through the entire museum and went to all of the exhibits he wanted to see. After the museum we walked down to the Capital Building, it was under construction because they were getting ready for the Inaguaration. Brian used some of his artistic talent and took some awesome pictures. We had so much fun spending the weekend together in DC and we plan on going back soon so we can go to some of the other museums we didn't have time to see. I hope you enjoy the pictures!



1 comment:

  1. How exciting to be close enough to go and see all of that! I would love to go back and visit D.C.!!!

    ReplyDelete